Friday, March 29, 2013
Integration.
During the Easter break I grabbed a book off my shelf which I had used a little during Pastoral Care training last year. I am not sure how far I will get through it since the holidays are short, but I will keep at it during the school holidays in a few weeks time. The book is "Psychology in the Spirit" and it's challenging me to more fully integrate Christian life into every area of life. Its easier and much more common for Christian professionals not to do this. And it seems acceptable in the church. Faith is compartmentalized. We tend to not even think in terms of our theology and work together. It has led- according to an atheist quoted on p28 to increased secularization in many disciplines. If the spirit of God who has not given us a spirit of timidity but of power, of love, and of self discipline, is in us, why do we not allow him to impact every area of life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment