However, last week, even as I was considering this new phase of married life, I heard an interview with David Murrow about his new book "What your husband isn't telling you.". The interviewer, Leigh Hatcher, seemed to really like it. I thought to myself, I better read this. It possibly was a direct sign from God I had prayed about this only moments before. In that case, reading it is definitely required.
The blurb on the back says :
Your husband learned from an early age to deny his true feeling - and to be silent about his deepest needs. Most men long for greater intimacy with their wives, but they have no idea how to find it.
Bestselling author David Murrow breaks the silence, uncovering the central secret of your spouse's heart. he reveals what every husband since Adam has felt by has been unwilling or unable to say.
If you really want to know what's stored up in your husband's heart, read this book. You'll not only understand him better, you'll love and respect him more.
"Well" I think to myself, "I would like to do that". So I bought a copy of the book and am just starting to read it. I will report back.
I did look at some online reviews, and noticed that the book wasn't universally applauded. Alot of men thought it was wonderful and alot of women didn't. I am not sure what to make of that, and I expect I might disagree with some of it, and perhaps ever find some of it distasteful, but I will persevere in the hope of learning more about what is in the heart of my husband that he hasn't told me about.
No comments:
Post a Comment