My college lecturer will be very happy to hear that I have finally met with my mentor (M). She is a lady from church who I don't know well, and I am very excited to hear about her life, and to learn from her vast experience. I have been thinking about mentoring for the past few years, and am really glad it has finally happened.
In a sense, I am killing 2 birds with the one stone (awful metaphor) as I need a ministry mentor for my studies, and need a personal mentor because I don't know many older Christians and should be learning from someone older than me. I have read a number of publications on mentoring recently and am convinced that its a biblical model for personal spiritual growth.
After only one session, I feel much more motivated and encouraged. I am excited to get to know this smart, experienced, enthusiastic woman who is spending her retirement ministering to others. I hope that I also will be able to pass on some wisdom and knowledge to younger Christians in time.
1 comment:
That's great.
Post a Comment